A few months ago I contacted my local election office...in Bellingham, WA to ensure that I received my oversea ballot. Because this election is sooo important - and the fact Mindy suggested it - I felt it necessary to do my little part for those that may be considering not voting this coming November. Folks, do us, your community, state, and country all a favor and get up off your apathetic bums and partake in democracy. If I can take the time to vote from over 5,000 miles away I am sure you can take the time to make your way to the local election office in November and do the same. If you have never registered to vote it takes minutes to do so. PLEASE, do it!
From time to time, I will be posting periodical election news on the site as a sidebar.
To be perfectly partisan, Mindy and I are hoping to come back to a "blue" America that is ready to take some incredible steps forward by putting a stop to the massive steps we have been taking backward. This is an exciting time to be apart of the American political scene. Learn the issues, become involved, engage in discussions, get riled up - do something meaningful, vote!
To follow the election, the polls, and to watch shifts in the electoral maps use this non-partisan site: Real Clear Politics.
-Scott
1 comment:
There has never been a more crucial time to thoughtfully choose a president as now.
Post a Comment